SEMINAR ON IGNATIAN SPIRITUALITY
For many years, Manresa sponsored an Internship in Ignatian Spirituality. Manresa has revised this Internship in Ignatian Spirituality into two separate but related programs: a Seminar on Ignatian Spirituality the four mini-courses of which are open to everyone, and an Internship in Spiritual Companionship. Completion of the four mini-courses of the Seminar on Ignatian Spirituality is a prerequisite for the Internship in Spiritual Companionship.
The seminar introduces participants to Ignatian Spirituality. Ignatian Spirituality is for ordinary people living ordinary daily lives. Because it insists that God is with us, this spirituality is a pathway to deeper prayer, good decisions guided by the fruits of discernment, and a life of service to others. It is rooted in developing a real and personal relationship with Jesus and living as His companion in service.
The seminar is organized into four mini-courses.
An Overview of Ignatian Spirituality
- The Life and Spirit of St. Ignatius
- Praying with Ignatius
- The Spiritual Exercises: An Overview
- The Dynamics of the Exercises and Ignatian Prayer
Jesus of History and Christ of Faith
- Overview of Reading Scripture
- Infancy Narratives
- Kingdom of God: Mission & Vision
- The Ministry of Jesus
- Passion, Death & Resurrection
- The Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit
- Confirming & Conforming of Oneself to Christ
- Ignatian Paradigm of Prayer & Action
- An analysis of Ignatius’ principles for discerning
the movements of God and the Evil One in us
- An analysis of Ignatius’ principles for attaining
freedom of heart and making decisions to live in
harmony with God’s desire for us
- Practice using these principles with case studies
- Discussions in small and large group settings
For more information:
Write: Manresa Jesuit Retreat House
1390 Quarton Road,
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48304
Call: 248.644.4933 Ext. 107
Ask for Ann Dillon
in the Ignatian Formation Office.