From its 1926 beginning, Manresa has offered three-day and four-day conference retreats, and has since added individually directed retreats. But Manresa is more than a Retreat House; in reality, it is a Spirituality Center with many other opportunities for spiritual growth.
Four mini-courses, available in concentrated weekend workshops, will introduce you to Ignatian Spirituality. Those who complete the mini-courses may apply to the Internship in Spiritual Companionship to learn to be a spiritual leader, retreat director and/or companion.
Other programs teach topics such as Scripture, discernment and methods of prayer. There are single days or evenings of prayer, outdoor meditations with nature, musical concerts, Christian yoga, support groups for both men and women, book studies for women, and a variety of other programs that change from year to year. Visit our “Other Resources” page to discover additional spiritual offerings that are available to you.
If you want to register online for any of our programs or events, click on the Programs and Events Calendar
or Programs and Events List
. If you prefer to register by regular mail, download the Programs and Events Form
and mail the completed form with any required deposits. To pay for a program for which you have already registered, click on the Payment Link
Programs for Men and Women: 2022-2023
- Sunday Afternoon Reflection: Advent | Dec. 11, 2022 | Register here
- Christian Yoga Classes | Jan. 9, 16, 23, 30 | Feb. 6, 13, 20, 27 | Mar. 6, 13, 2023 | Register here
- Lectio Prayer Group | Jan. 9 | Feb. 13 | Mar. 13 | Apr. 10 | May 8, 2023 | Register here
- A Day to Call Your Own | Jan. 17, 2023 | Feb. 13, 2023 | Mar. 22, 2023 | Apr. 5, 2023 | May 4, 2023 |
- Scripture Study: The Gospel of Matthew |
Jan. 17 & 31 | Feb. 14 | Mar. 14 & 28 |
Apr. 11 & 25, 2023
- Experiencing Friendship with God | Jan. 22 | Feb. 5 & 19
Mar. 5 & 19, 2023 | Register here
- Book Study:Do I Stay Christian? | Feb. 20 | Mar. 6 & 20 | April 3, 2023 | Register here
- Praying with Art: Eastern Rite Icons | Feb. 28 | Mar. 14 & 28
Apr. 11 & 25 | May 9 & 23, 2023 |Register here
- Examen of Consciousness | Mar. 1, 8, 15 & 22, 2023| Register here
- Introduction to Ignatian Spirituality | April 29, 2023 | Register here
- Guided Contemplative Prayer | Jan. 29 | Feb. 19 | Mar. 12 |
Apr. 23 | May 7, 2023|
To register, contact Claudia Rivera at
If you are interested in any of these events, click on it and you will be presented with further information and a “Register” button if it is necessary to register. Complete the registration process as instructed.
I – Days of Recollection
In addition to our regular weekend and midweek retreats, we are available for Days of Prayer and Recollection.
Days of Recollection are offered for groups of parishioners or others with a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 80 people.
The schedule for such days can be determined by the group organizer. A typical schedule might be the following:
Welcome: Coffee & Pastry
Conference / Private Prayer
Holy Hour or Healing Service
Conference / Private Prayer
Mass or Prayer Service
A group may decide on different arrival or departure times and on the structure of the day.
The cost for a Day of Reflection (including lunch) is $40 for adults and $30 for seniors.
The cost for student and youth retreat days (including lunch) are priced as follows:
- $25 per person (using a Manresa presenter/facilitator)
- $22 per person (using its own presenter/facilitator)
II – Time Away for Parish Staff, Lay Leadership, Committees & Groups
Manresa is an attractive place for parish staff, parish lay leadership, or parish committees or other groups to meet, whether for a part of a day or an evening, for a whole day, or for an overnight. If desired, the Manresa staff can supply some appropriate input.
III -Younger People
Manresa can host prayer days and prayer experiences for youth groups or for those preparing for Confirmation. The parish sponsoring such experiences must bring their own director and prefects.
III -A Day to Call Your Own
Manresa offers you a “day to call your own” one day a month to get away from the busyness and noise of everyday life. We provide you with a private room and a simple soup lunch. Enjoy the silence and peace that is Manresa. We have four chapels, a comfortable library, a bookstore; pray at our outdoor labyrinth or Stations of the Cross; enjoy the nature and beauty of our grounds.
The day starts 8:00AM and goes to 3:30PM. Reflect, meditate, pray, walk, soul-search, read and just be.
Our next opportunities will be:
2023 Schedule: Click HERE for the flyer